Winter heating tips
Trying to stay warm this winter? Here are some winter heating tips that will keep your family cozy and warm throughout the cold spell.
- Have your furnace tuned up each fall to make sure it’s running at peak efficiency.
- Replace your furnace filters on a regular basis – monthly.
- Keep your thermostat at a consistent temperature. It’s okay to lower the thermostat a couple of degrees during the day while you’re at work. But, don’t turn your thermostat up or down more than a couple of degrees.
- When it comes time to replace your outdoor unit, consider a heat pump. The combination of a heat pump with a gas furnace is much more efficient than a gas furnace alone.
- Open the curtains and blinds to take advantage of the radiant heat from sunshine during the day.
- Replacing older windows with energy efficient windows is one of the best things you can do to reduce heat loss during the winter.
- Run your humidifier during the winter to make your home feel warmer. Proper humidity can make the air feel up to three degrees warmer.
- Don’t block the vents and ducts inside your house for proper air flow.
- Make sure all windows and doors are properly caulked or have weather stripping.
- If you have ceiling fans, reverse the direction of the blades to clockwise to push the warm air that rises down.
Plumbing emergency? We respond any time!