Troubleshooting tips for your furnace
It’s a cold winter morning and you wake up to discover that your furnace isn’t working. Before you call a heating and cooling service company, try these troubleshooting steps first.
- Check other gas appliances you own to make sure that they work. If they don’t, you may have a gas outage and need to call the gas company instead.
- Check the breaker box to make sure you don’t have a tripped switch.
- Check the thermostat to make sure it’s set to heat and is set to a temperature setting that is higher than the indoor temperature.
- Check the air filter to make sure that it’s not clogged.
- Check the pilot light to see if there’s a flame.
If you try all of these troubleshooting tips and your furnace still is not working, then it’s time to schedule an appointment with an HVAC company.
Plumbing emergency? We respond any time!