Keep your cool this summer
This weekend in Central Ohio, the weather is supposed to be hot and steamy with temperatures reaching 90 degrees. Although it may be tempting to crank the air conditioning to keep your cool, try these 5 quick and easy tricks to beat the heat this weekend:
- Set your ceiling fans so that the blades rotate counter-clockwise. Turn your ceiling fan to its highest speed.
- Keep your blinds and curtains closed during the day. It’s estimated that up to 30 percent of the heat in your home comes from your windows. Keeping your windows and blinds closed during the day can significantly lower indoor temperatures.
- Use cotton sheets. Use lightweight cotton sheets on your bed instead of flannel. Some people even dampen or freeze their sheets before they go to bed.
- Grill out tonight. Avoid using your stove or oven for cooking. A 400 degree oven will definitely make your home feel hotter.
- Take advantage of cooler nights. You may not need to use your AC at night. If you open your windows and strategically set up some box fans, you can create a refreshing cross breeze.
Plumbing emergency? We respond any time!