Home maintenance tips for fall
It’s officially fall and time to think about preparing your home for the drop in temperatures. Here are some helpful tips to ready your home for the colder temperatures.
- Clean your gutters and keep them free of leaves and debris. Clogged gutters can cause drainage problems, leading to flooding issues in your home.
- Disconnect outdoor hoses, drain them and store in your garage or basement.
- Clean out Downspouts. Hosing down the inside of your downspouts will remove any debris that has built up at the bottom.
- Get your water heater tuned up. Fall is a great time to drain and flush your water heater.
- Test your Sump Pump. Raise the float and make sure it runs correctly. Check the battery and the backup one if necessary.
- Change your furnace filters. It will help improve the air quality in your home and help your furnace run more efficiently.
- Have your furnace inspected and tuned by professionals.
- Insulate your pipes so that they are less likely to freeze when the temperatures are bitter cold.
Plumbing emergency? We respond any time!