It’s officially fall and time to think about preparing your home for the drop in temperatures. Here are some helpful tips to ready your home for the colder temperatures.
- Clean your gutters and keep them free of leaves and debris. Clogged gutters can cause drainage problems, leading to flooding issues in your home.
- Disconnect outdoor hoses, drain them and store in your garage or basement.
- Get your water heater tuned up. Fall is a great time to drain and flush your water heater.
- Change your furnace filters. It will help improve the air quality in your home and help your furnace run more efficiently.
- Have your furnace inspected and tuned by professionals.
- Insulate your pipes so that they are less likely to freeze when the temperatures are bitter cold.