Are you ready for spring? Although it’s not officially here yet, it’s not too early to start thinking about some spring cleanup activities around your home. Here are some things to do once the weather gets a little warmer to get your home in tip-top shape and ready for the season.
- Inspect all pipes for damage – The cold winter weather wreaks havoc on your plumbing system. Inspect all pipes for any damage and have them repaired.
- Clean up your yard – Rake any remaining leaves from last fall that could end up clogging storm drains and creating problems with water runoff as the snow melts.
- Inspect hose bibs – Inspect your hose bibs and look for visual and superficial damage.
- Flush your water heater – The beginning of spring is a good time to flush out your water heater to remove mineral buildup and other sediment that builds up over time. Doing this regularly will extend the life of your water heater.
- Clean gutters and downspouts – Remove leaves and other debris from your gutters and downspouts. Make sure everything is in good repair so that you do not get standing water around the foundation of your home.