Considering a tankless water heater for your home? Here are some interesting facts about tankless water heaters to consider when you are making your decision.
- Tankless water heaters cost more than traditional tank water heaters.
- Although they are more expensive, they are more energy efficient than traditional tank water heaters, so you will save money on your utility bill in the long run.
- They’re smaller, so they can be wall mounted.
- Tankless water heaters have a longer lifespan than traditional tank water heaters – 20 years compared to 8-10 for traditional water heaters.
- They are most suitable for large families whose water requirements are greater.
- They are not suitable if your water quality is poor – if you have really hard water – unless you install a water softener.
- Tankless water heaters require a minimum of 40 pounds of pressure to work efficiently. Therefore, they may not be suitable for homes that have well water.
- They come in a variety of different sizes to meet your family’s needs.