Did you know that more than 30 states in the US suffer from local, regional or statewide water shortages each year? These simple tips will help you save money on water usage and help the environment.
- Only run your dishwasher when it’s completely full.
- Buy energy efficient appliances – visit Energy Star to learn more.
- Turn off the bathroom faucet when you’re washing your face or brushing your teeth.
- Wait until you have a full load of laundry before you wash your clothes.
- Take shorter showers. Even cutting a minute or two off of your shower time saves many gallons of water in the long run.
- Fill your sink halfway full and dip your fruits and vegetables in the water instead of washing them under the faucet.
- Test for leaks. Look for leaks around your washing machine hoses, the water line to your ice maker and refrigerator, and around your hot water tank. Do a dye test to see if your toilet leaks and examine the hoses to your faucets.