The page you were looking for could not be found.
Check the URL for errors.
Think it’s time for a new furnace? Purchasing a new furnace is a big investment. Here are four tips to keep in mind before making the actual purchase.
- Shop off-season (spring or fall). Don’t wait until the dead of winter when your furnace breaks down to look into purchasing a new furnace. No one likes to have to make major purchase decisions under pressure. Shopping for a furnace in the spring or fall has a few advantages:
- Prices on new units are better
- HVAC companies aren’t as busy in the spring and fall
- More time to shop around and find the right unit for your family at the right price
- Calculate how much you can save by buying a new furnace.
- Have your current furnace evaluated to determine its condition and energy efficiency.
- Take a look at some old utility bills to see how much you typically spend on heat.
- Look at the AFUE of the new unit – annual fuel utilization efficiency. The higher the AFUE, the lower your monthly heating costs.
- Plug the numbers into an online calculator – like Energy Star. This will help you determine your potential savings and how long it will take to breakeven on the investment in a new furnace.
- Use a reputable HVAC company. Use a licensed HVAC contractor that has been in business successfully for some time. Read online reviews and ask for recommendations from friends, neighbors, and family members.
- Make sure the air ducts in your home don’t leak, that you have adequate insulation, and weather stripping around doors and windows. This will help you to maximize your investment.